By lanthony1337

• 1 Like
  • 18 Replies
  1. What's everyone's 2020 goals for the year. Is it to practice more or just to be more consistent. Mine personally are to lower my handicap from 15 to 10 and to have a lot less 3 putts.

2. I’m aiming to improve putting, it’s killing my card at the moment with the dreaded 3 putts
  3. It's definitely true what they say about drive for show and putt for dough
  4. antony g

antony g
    Leeds, uk

I need to improve on my short game, its gone from my game, hopefully a lot of practice and a few lessons will sort it. Then hopefully lower the handicap by a shot or 3
  5. Simon Worsfold

Simon Worsfold
    Peterborough

To play more conservatively and enjoy my golf and not let the bad holes ruin my rounds.

Also to try master my short game and get up and down from tight angles.

Practice more as well.
    Post Image
  6. Simon Worsfold Peterborough said:

To play more conservatively and enjoy my golf and not let the bad holes ruin my rounds.

Also to try master my short game and get up and down from tight angles.

Practice more as well.
    Post Image

Awesome looking set up
  7. Stuart M

Stuart M
    Dundee

To cut out doubles, 58 in the past two years and still manage to hang on to being a cat 1 player, christ knows how.
  8. Simon Whittaker

Simon Whittaker
    Loughborough

Play to my handicap, didn’t happen all 2019, if I can cut out the silly doubles and be a little better with course managment that will help.
  9. Madhatter

Madhatter
    Edderton, Highland, Scotland

After two stints as Club Captain (2014 and 2019) and 12yrs as a director of the club its time to spend more time on the course. My hcp has risen to 14 which is funnily the same as my first hcp 30yrs ago, so the goal to get to 9.4, even for one week.

Madhatter
  10. richard f

richard f
    Shildon

Just to play more and try and be more consistent
  11. GMansfield

GMansfield
    Newcastle

if i can get my putting sorted then i will be looking good hopefully. first step done as just bought a Scotty Cameron Newport Select 2. finding it easier already just need to find a couple of weights to make it a little heavier for my liking.
  12. D

D

To play and practice more all round. I’ve been lucky to have a game once every fortnight for the last two seasons. Somehow managing to hang on to my 3 handicap.

Now joined a different club and changing all my clubs to custom fit Titleist and raring to go. Down to scratch would be nice although not sure if realistic!!
  13. Stuart L

Stuart L
    Warrington, Cheshire

My target this year is to relax & enjoy my golf . Plus don't beat myself up when I miss a putt or miss hit a shot
  14. My aim for 2020 after only 5 rounds in 18 months for various reasons is to rejoin club get playing and practicing every week and to get my handicap back down to 12-15 where it used to be. I miss the medals and need to play them again for my physical and mental wellbeing !!!
    Hopefully my new Scotty putter will help
  15. Trevor P

Trevor P
    Brentwood, Essex

Hoping to continue to maintain my handicap at 12. but I am hoping to play more this coming year.

I use to play off 6, many years ago and it was always my short game that saved me, so that is an area I am committed to practice more.

Also had a few health issues so I need to do more exercise.
  16. To sort out my short game and to stop the silly mistakes/wrong shots when there is an easier option which leads to doubles!!

11.3 HC at present so want that to be single figures this year ( fingers crossed )
  17. Tosh.

Tosh.
    Dundee,Scotland.

I’ve moved to a new course and I’m hoping to get the handicap down by playing and practicing a LOT more.
  18. TT Member

TT Member
    Hertfordshire, UK

To play as many new courses as possible and go on a golfing holiday abroad. I'm hoping we have a lengthy summer.
  19. Gaaary

Gaaary
    Blyth, Northumberland

Just to play as much golf as possible and play some different courses around the country.

Gaaary

Please login to post a comment.

Sign In

Haven't registered for Team Titleist yet?